NOUHAUS Ergo 3D Ergonomic Office Chair
Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair
Pregnancy is one of the most rewarding phases in a woman’s life. But, it comes with its fair share of challenges too. The list is pretty long, from the constant discomfort in the back to morning sickness rounds. So, the last thing you want is to spend 10 hours of your day working sitting on an uncomfortable office chair.
Pregnant women undergo a plethora of physical changes, so they have a comfortable time at work (or even at home).
If you are tired of the chair at home and work, I have sorted out a list of the best pregnancy chairs just for you.
Table of Contents
- Our Pick
- Best Overall – NOUHAUS Ergo 3D Ergonomic Office Chair
- Best Overall Runner-Up – DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider
- Best Value – Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman
- Best Value Runner-Up – SIHOO Store Ergonomic Office Chair
- Best Budget – AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair
- Best Budget Runner-Up – BestOffice Store Ergonomic Office Chair
- What to Look For When Buying Chairs for Pregnant Ladies
- How to Sit During Pregnancy?
- What Should You Not Do When Sitting During Pregnancy?
Best Chair for Pregnancy
Although it is sold and marketed as a basic office chair, the NOUHAUS Ergo 3D Ergonomic Office Chair is a pretty good pick for pregnant women. It provides optimal lumbar support and ensures comfort throughout the day.
Apart from the adjustable armrest and lumbar support, the chair also has the 135-degrees back tilt. It enables you to stretch your back every now and then to prevent stiffness. It also has dual casters in the design, allowing a more comfortable movement.
The Elastomesh material in the backrest provides breathable material that prevents excessive sweating and discomfort. The mesh headrest is adjustable too and moves up and down, depending on your height.
It is designed with a 3D lumbar support that supports the curve of your back. Even the seat can move up and down, depending on your seating comfort. The overall usage of the Elastomesh provides a smoother airflow and comfortable seating throughout the day.
This chair for pregnant ladies is specially designed with a five-point base with dual casters for optimal support. It enhances the durability and stability of pregnant women. This chair also comes with a strong iron base that supports a weight capacity of 275 lbs.
NOUHAUS Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair is Suitable for:
Given the design of this chair, it is best suited for office environments. If you are looking for a comfortable chair to sit on for the entire day at work, this is your safest bet.
- CONFORMS TO YOUR LIFE: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors...
- EASE INTO WORK, OR PLAY: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 4D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up, down, side to side, and rotate...
- SOFT HD OFFICE CHAIR: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing...
- It is made with breathable mesh material.
- It provides 3D lumbar support.
- It has a five-point base with dual casters for better stability.
- It is quite expensive.
Best Overall Runner-Up
When talking about the chairs for pregnancy, the DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider is a winner. It is not like the typical pregnancy office chair. It has a comfortable single couch like design with a separate ottoman to keep your feet propped up.
This chair for pregnancy comes with a metal base for enhanced stability. Additionally, it also allows a more comfortable 360 swivel motion with a forward and backward gliding movement. So, not just during your pregnancy, it can be used after your baby is born too.
The high backrest further allows you to stretch your back and get the support you need. It is especially good for relieving back pain in the lower back, common in most pregnant women.
As an additional perk, you get an ottoman and lumbar pillow for added support. The entire chair is cushioned with extra padding that ensures maximum comfort while sitting. The materials used in the office chair are chemical-free as well.
The chair is also tested for over 10,000 chemicals. So, you know for a fact that it will keep the indoor air clean throughout the day. The upholstery is free of chemical flame retardants too. It has been designed for optimal comfort throughout the day.
DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider is Suitable for:
This chair for pregnancy is best suited for home settings. It can be used as an alternative to the couches that you have at home. If you want comfort and support during your pregnancy, this is your safest bet.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It...
- DESIGNED FOR PARENT AND BABY: Metal base that allows for a smooth and gentle 360 degree swivel motion and forward and backward gliding so...
- COMFORTABLE HEADREST: Being a parent is hard work! High back allows moms and dads to comfortably lean back for some much needed rest. Bonus...
- It comes with a separate ottoman and lumbar pillow.
- It allows 360-swivel motion for comfortable movement.
- It is free of a lot of chemicals.
- It makes a squeaky noise from time to time.
Next on the list of the best chairs for pregnancy is the Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman. It has a very premium yet vintage kind of design with wood and extra padding. It also comes in multiple colors.
It is more than just a chair for pregnant women. It can be used as a rocking chair for when your baby is born as well. Many new mothers find this chair comfortable enough to rock their child and breastfeed them.
This pregnancy chair is designed with extra storage on the side, enabling better organization for the mothers. The arm cushions come with extra padding for supporting your arms and reclining your back for added stretch to the back.
This chair for pregnant ladies is upholstered with polyester. It makes it easy to clean with a vacuum and even a clean cloth. Additionally, it can be used for every maternity stage, be it during your pregnancy or after your pregnancy.
The chair’s seating area is pretty big, too, allowing you to have a comfortable seating experience. The metal ball bearings also ensure smoother movement and gliding motion for better relaxation.
It is designed for every nursery and comes in different colors and finishes. The material is child-safe and doesn’t come designed with any toxic materials. The chair is pretty affordable, as well.
Storkcraft Premium Hoop Glider and Ottoman is Suitable for:
It is perfect for pregnant women who like a vintage look to their home. The combination of wood and polyester upholstery with padding gives it a very sleek and contemporary look that blends in well with any theme that you have at home.
- COMPLETE GLIDER WITH OTTOMAN SET: Complete premium 2-piece nursery glider and ottoman set; Comfortable, padded arm cushions with pockets for...
- SAFETY TESTED: Expert tested by third-party, accredited laboratories to meet or exceed all applicable category voluntary and mandatory...
- AWARD-WINNING BRAND: Exclusively from Storkcraft, proud recipient of the 2022 Women’s Choice Award for 9 out of 10 Customer Recommended...
- It is upholstered with polyester.
- It has extra storage space by the side of the armrest.
- The seating area of the chair is spacious and comfortable.
- It is not the best for extremely tall people.
Best Value Runner-Up
For the pregnant women looking for some comfortable office chairs, the SIHOO Store Ergonomic Office Chair is a secure fit. Not only does it make sure to come with a sleek all-black design, but it also has every accessory feature you need for a comfortable day at work.
The best part of this chair is likely the adjustable headrest. It allows you to support the back of your head and neck and prevents the risks of putting extra strain on the shoulders. The height of the chair is adjustable, too, by titling the locking mechanism.
The chair itself has mesh material throughout that allows better airflow for comfortable seating all day. It is also durable and sustains wear and tear on consistent use. The five-star base has sturdy wheels that allow smoother gliding motion on almost all types of floors.
This chair’s high-quality material ensures better stability and has a long-lasting finish that justifies the price you pay for it. The ergonomic design of the chair also supports your spine while sitting.
The chair itself doesn’t come assembled, which means that you’d have to do it once it arrives. The package comes with all the tools and equipment that you will need for the installation. The instructions are also pretty clear and easy to administer. The assembly could be challenging though.
The product has a one-year warranty. In case you do face any issues regarding the chair’s quality, they have a very prompt customer service facility.
SIHOO Store Ergonomic Office Chair is Suitable for:
It is the best office chair for pregnant women who want lumbar support and support for their lower back. Additionally, it has a versatile design that ensures that non-pregnant people can later use it.
- [Ergonomic Chair] Have you ever been in pain on your back or shoulder? SIHOO Office Chair designed with Ergonomics will be the best choice...
- [High Quality and Great Performance] SHIOO desk chair is constructed with high quality lever, gas lift,base and PU silent casters. Our home...
- [Cosy Padded Seat] Our desk chair is made of breathable mesh material. Well Padded seat makes you feel comfortable so that you won't feel...
- It has an adjustable headrest and height.
- It is made with mesh material for better airflow.
- It has an ergonomic design for improved support for the lower back.
- The assembling of the chair is pretty complicated.
If there is one brand that stands out in terms of quality and budget, it is Amazon. The AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair is one of the best chairs for pregnancy. Unlike the other options, this one has a very premium and one of a kind design and color.
It has a Pewter finish with the dark brown color, which is different from some of the other ones available in the market. It is also pretty versatile and has a weight capacity of 350lbs, which is suitable for heavy people.
It has a high-rise headrest that enables a comfortable sitting position. The chair also allows seat adjustment up to 22.44”. It is made with commercial-grade materials that are durable and at the same time, pretty eye-catchy too.
The upholstered bonded brown leather adds the statement you need. The adjustable lumbar mechanism in this office chair provides optimal support to the back and the lumbar region. The curved armrests are pretty comfortable, as well.
It has the tilting mechanism, too, one that enables you to recline the chair and stretch your back now and then. The 360-degree swivel is also a great addition to the list of benefits of this chair. The smooth-rolling casters allow more effortless movement around the room.
AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair is Suitable for:
It is a pretty versatile chair that can be used at home and in the office environment by a pregnant woman. The brown leather finish adds a premium look to the chair and lasts a long time.
- One Amazon Basics Big & Tall Executive Office Chair in brown faux leather with pewter finish
- High-back executive chair with big and tall size comfort; commercial-grade components
- Adjustable lumbar mechanism for lower-back support; curved and padded arm rests
- It has a high-rest headrest for optimal comfort to the back.
- It provides support to the back and lumbar region.
- It has smooth-rolling casters for easier movement.
- It has a flattened seat cushion that is not the most comfortable.
Best Budget Runner-Up
Last but not least, on the best pregnancy chairs list is the BestOffice Store Ergonomic Office Chair. It is known for its extra cushioning and padding all over, providing extra comfort for every sitting position.
This pregnancy chair is specially designed for long-lasting comfort for alleviating the constant complaints of back pain and stiffness around your shoulders and muscles. The padded seat cushion and backrest allow you to recline and stretch your backs from time to time.
It is one of those chairs for a pregnant woman that allows them to correct their posture. This ergonomically designed chair is pretty solid for supporting your back and spine. The exterior of the chair is made with soft PU leather that is water-resistant.
Every single part of the chair is customizable. It means that not only does it help you adjust the height, but it also lets you adjust the armrest and the back tilt. The 360-degree swivel wheels allow more comfortable and smoother movements around the room.
The seat is adjustable up to 23”, enabling a person of any height to have a comfortable sitting experience. The chair has passed the BIFMA test, ensuring that it comes with a capacity of 250lbs.
BestOffice Store Ergonomic Office Chair is Suitable for:
This office chair is mainly the best for those ladies who want to have the best office chair for their pregnancy but within a budget. It is a highly functional option that comes with an adjustable design for optimal comfort and relieves backache at home.
- DESIGNED TO UNWIND - This chair was designed for long-lasting comfort, specifically to alleviate the back pain that can result from long...
- SLEEK, MODERN DESIGN - Work in style at the office or at home with this ergonomically-designed, high-back office chair. Lined with soft PU...
- CUSTOMIZABLE COMFORT - This chair is adjustable to suit your individual needs. Adjust the height and tilt to your preference, and enjoy full...
- It has a highly adjustable design.
- It has 360-degree swivel motion for easier movement.
- It is made with water-resistant PU leather.
- It isn’t suitable for long use.
What to Look For When Buying Chairs for Pregnant Ladies?
When buying a pregnancy chair, there are a few factors that you need to check. I have listed out a few for you.
Material of the Chair
You need to keep a close eye on the material used in the pregnancy chair’s construction. It could be made with leather, microfiber, or even polyester. It depends on your likings and quality.
Ensuring that you get high-quality material is important. It enhances the durability of the chair and prevents the risks of wear and tear. Also, pick out the chairs that are easy to clean. It reduces your burden a lot.
Swivel of the Chair
Whenever you are buying a high-quality chair for pregnancy, you must check the swivel. It is best if it has a 360-degree swivel because that enables smoother movement around the room without any obstruction.
Adjustable Settings of the Chair
The next factor to check is the adjustments. You need a chair that not just provides back support but can be adjusted according to one’s height and body features. When you are pregnant, you want the chair to conform to your body and provide maximum comfort.
Some of the adjustable features you can look for are adjustable height and armrests, lumbar and back support, and the chair’s recline position.
Padding of the Chair
Lastly, the cushioning of the chair. Pregnant ladies complain about constant back pain, and sitting on a flat surface can further deteriorate the condition. For maximum comfort, make sure that you pick a chair that comes with extra cushioning.
Some of the zones of the chair that need extra padding include the headrest, seat, and armrests.
How to Sit During Pregnancy?
If you think that a pregnancy chair will help correct your posture, you are mistaken. But, you must be cautious about the way you are sitting throughout the day. If you have a slouchy posture, it will further strain your back muscles and shoulders.
It doesn’t matter whether you are pregnant or not; sitting with your back straight is right for your health. When sitting on a pregnancy chair, ensure that your butt touches the back of the chair, and the height is adjusted accordingly.
Ensure that your hips and knees are kept perpendicular to each other as well. Additionally, if you are sitting on an office chair, try to move around and adjust your body every once in a while. If you are in the same sitting position for a long time, the same will result in discomfort and cramps.
Recline the chair from time to time to adjust and stretch your back muscles too. It further enables you to sit comfortably for more extended periods.
What Should You Not Do When Sitting During Pregnancy?
Recline the chair from time to time to adjust and stretch your back muscles. It further enables you to sit comfortably for more extended periods.
Also, always adjust the height of the chair to ensure that your legs are touching the ground. Keeping your legs dangling mid-air contributes to the swollen ankles that are common during pregnancy.
Additionally, avoid slouching forward because that further strains your back muscles and causes stiffness around the shoulders and upper back. Sitting cross-legged also strains the thigh and leg muscles, so always try and find the position that is comfortable for you. Once you know what it is, move around every 15 minutes for better comfort.
Now that we have come down to the end of the article, I leave you with the top six picks for the best pregnancy chairs that you need for a comfortable sitting experience. Out of them all, the NOUHAUS Ergo 3D Ergonomic Office Chair is likely my top pick. It is comfortable, accessible, adjustable, and above all, worth the price you pay. But, always feel free to look through the other options and pick the one that suits your needs the best.