Comfort Products Commodore II Leather Chair for Oversized People
Boss Office Products Double Plush Leather Plus Chair
AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair
The majority of the ergonomic chairs are designed for average height and weight. It means that the chair you most commonly see around will accommodate up to 250 lbs but might not be suitable for 400 lbs.
Thus, finding a big and tall office chair for a big or heavy individual is essential. Not just to avoid risks of embarrassment but for their comfortable seating too. The last thing you would want is to experience bad back pain or complain about permanent damage to your back because of the lack of a comfortable office chair.
But, with changing times and needs, manufacturers are focusing on making chairs with an improved weight capacity than before, deeming them suitable for heavy people.
Here, I will check in with some of the big and tall office chairs for big individuals.
Table of Contents
- Our Pick
- Best Overall – Comfort Products Commodore II Leather Chair for Oversized People
- Best Overall Runner-Up – HON Wave Executive Mesh Office Chair
- Best Value – Boss Office Products Double Plush Leather Plus Chair
- Best Value Runner-Up – SPACE Seating Ergonomic Managers Chair
- Best Budget – AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair
- Best Budget Runner-Up – Flash Furniture HERCULES Ergonomic Task Office Chair
- How Does a Heavy Person Determine the Best Chair Seat Size for Them?
- Best Office Chair for Heavy Person – Buying Guide
- What are the Best Chairs That Can Hold 400 lbs?
Best Chair for Overweight Person
When choosing a heavy person’s computer chair, there are a few essential factors that one needs to focus on. Not only the shape and design, but the functionalities play a crucial role too. You need to find one that provides optimal lumbar support without any questions.
As the name of the brand suggests, Comfort Products is known for its comfortable and ergonomically designed office chairs. This specific one is hands down one of the best, especially because of the design.
It has a black bonded leather upholstery all over that provides a very comfortable and durable finish to the chair. It has a thick and durable frame that supports up to 350 lbs without any hassle.
The chair has a heavy-duty chrome base that is rust-resistant and long-lasting. It has dual-wheel caster in the bottom, allowing easy movement of the chair around without any obstructions.
The headrest height of the chair is customizable, allowing you to have a comfortable seating experience. It allows you to rest your head to prevent risks of pain and discomfort in the back of your neck.
The chair itself is designed with rich and padded leather cushions that provide optimal comfort when you are sitting on it for extended periods of time. It ensures better support for your back and the end of your spine.
It has an adjustable knob below the cushion base that allows easy adjustment. It enables easy reclining of the chair to rest your back whenever needed. The pneumatic lift height is a bonus because you can trust this chair for comfortable seating of big people.
Even the armrests of the chair are made of chrome material and are padded. The waterfall style armrests are easy on your elbows and provide support to your shoulders. If you are experiencing pain and stiffness around the shoulders, this can help relieve it.
Comfort Products Commodore II Oversize Leather Chair is Suitable for:
It is perfect for individuals in a corporate office. The all-leather and all-black upholstery gives it a very premium look, meant for bigger offices and titles.
- Black bonded leather upholstery
- Thick frame supports up to 350 lbs.
- Heavy-duty chrome base with dual wheel casters
- It has black bonded leather upholstery.
- It provides maximum lumbar support.
- It has easier adjustments for the height and the armrests.
- It is a little overpriced.
Best Overall Runner-Up
HON is a very popular name when discussing office furniture. Their Wave Big and Tall Executive Mesh Office is likely one of the best office chairs for big individuals.
If budget isn’t a constraint for you, you won’t regret buying this office chair at all. Not only does it have a mesh backrest for a comfortable and breathable seating experience, but it also has a durable and well-built frame for a long-lasting finish.
The mesh seat back has extra cushioning in the back and the seat for enhanced support and comfort. It keeps your body cool and comfortable, allowing you to concentrate on your work without any issues.
Much like any other ergonomic chair for office, even this one has adjustable settings. It will enable you to adjust the chair’s height and recline it for easy adjustment of your back. The customizable lower back support is a boon for this chair.
The armrests on this chair have adjustable height settings too. It allows you to rest your elbows and relieve the tension around your shoulders. It has five-leg support on the bottom with flexible wheels that allow you to swivel around the office without any hassle.
The five-star resin base with durable wheels supports heavy people’s weight with ease. Unlike several other office chairs for big and tall people, this one has a high rise back. It provides a comfortable seating experience and allows you to relieve the excess muscle tension.
As for the warranty on this product, you get 5 years of limited warranty on this product. In case something is wrong with it, you can get the damage fixed with ease. It is also quite a versatile option that fits right into an office or even a common area.
HON Wave Big and Tall Executive Mesh Office is Suitable for:
In case you want a multipurpose chair that fits right into the aesthetics of the main office and that of the common rooms around the office, this chair is for you.
- Made of Metal, Mesh & Leather | Easy assembly required
- Chair dimensions – 25.63" D x 30.25" W x 42.88" H | Seat dimensions – 19” D x 22” W | Arm adjustment – 21” W x 3”-9” H |...
- Give your neck and back a break; these adjustable-height and width arms move up and down, and toward and away from the body to adapt to your...
- It has a breathable mesh fabric.
- It has adjustable height settings.
- The wheels are of resin base for better support.
- The armrest height is not adjustable enough.
Next on the list of the best office chairs with more weight capacity is the one from Boss Office Products. Their products are not just durable but extremely stylish and comfortable to sit on. This particular chair has a weight capacity of 350 lbs, which again is pretty good.
Unlike the other ones, this one comes with a heavy-duty spring tilt mechanism that allows better seating adjustments. Not just the chair’s height, this one enables comfortable reclining too that supports your back better.
The seat height can be adjusted up to 22 inches, deeming it suitable for taller individuals too. The pneumatic gas lift seat adjustments is again a pretty good reason why you need this in your life. This one has a five-star base with 27” metal brushed finish.
The double wheel casters are 3″ in dimension, allowing comfortable movement around the office. As for the material of the chair, it is upholstered in Black CaressoftPlus. It is designed to provide all-day comfort, something that every desk job worker needs.
This chair’s high-back design further supports your spine and blends along the curved contours for comfortable seating. It has built-in lumbar support that relieves tension around the lower back, enabling maximum comfort throughout the day.
The smooth bonded leather all over the chair and the armrests allow further comfort. It has double-plush padding all over that further keeps your stature in the best condition throughout the day.
Boss Office Products Double Plush Leather Plus Chair is Suitable for:
It is perfect for heavy people who don’t want to compromise on comfort all day long. It is also a very durable option that you wouldn’t mind spending your coins on.
- Fabric/Material: Caressoft is vinyl upholstery that looks & feels like leather, but is far more durable and can easily be cleaned with a...
- Overall Product Dimensions: 33.5″ W x 31" D x 43" H | Weight Capacity: 400 lb
- Max Height: 45.5″ | Back Height: 29″ | Back Width: 23″ | Seat Depth: 19″ | Seat Width: 22.5″ | Seat Height: 19 -22″ H | Arm...
- It has leather material upholstery.
- It has a pneumatic adjustable height.
- It has a five-star base for better weight distribution.
- The warranty claims are misleading.
Best Value Runner-Up
When there’s “Ergonomic” mentioned in the chair’s name, you know you are investing it on the right product. This specific from SPACE one has a unique design and setting that you wouldn’t find in the list’s remaining options.
It has a double airgrid back with a breathable custom fabric seat and comfortable to sit on throughout the day. It also supports your lower back, especially the lumbar region, ensuring that you don’t have to complain about spine issues.
Aside from the adjustable lumbar support, it also has a one-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment for better comfort. The adjustable knob is just beneath the seat of the chair, enabling easy adjustments of the height.
Even the chair’s arms are adjustable, enabling you to relieve the stiffness around the elbows and shoulders. The armrests are made of PU and padded too. The base of the chair has a gunmetal finish base.
The dual wheel carpet casters at the bottom are also quite pleasant and enable you to move around comfortably. It has a larger weight capacity and can hold up to 400 lbs, which is pretty good.
The chair’s backrest is made with breathable mesh fabric that enables you to sit through the day without sweating through the back. As for the seat, even that has exterior mesh fabric with extra padding inside.
SPACE Seating Ergonomic Managers Chair is Suitable for:
This specific one is mainly suited for people who are more obese than overweight. It offers better lumbar support, especially for individuals who have consistent back pain.
- Dimensions- Maximum Seat Height: 23.25" | Minimum Seat Height: 19.25" | Seat Back Height: 23.75" | Seat Back Width: 20.75" | Seat Bottom...
- One touch pneumatic Seat Height adjustment
- 2-Way adjustable arms with PU pads
- It is made with breathable mesh fabric.
- It has a weight capacity of 400 lbs.
- It has a one-touch pneumatic seat height adjustment.
- It is a little overpriced.
Apart from being an affordable brand, AmazonBasics is known for its quality too. If you are looking for a big and tall office chair for heavy individuals, this is your safest bet. Unlike the previous ones, which are all-black, this has a premium brown leather finish.
The chair’s exterior has Pewter finish with a durable material that will last you through the years without any complaints at all. This specific one has a weight capacity of 350 lbs, which is decent enough.
This computer chair is upholstered in bonded brown leather with an adjustable lumbar mechanism. It also supports your lower-back better, allowing a comfortable seating experience all throughout the day.
The armrests are not adjustable, unlike the other ones. But, it is designed with curved armrests that allow you to have a comfortable rest for your elbows and shoulders throughout the day. The backrest is pretty long, too, allowing better support for your back.
It has a comfortable tilt with infinite locking adjustments. It allows you to recline the chair at your desired angle for maximum support to your back. It has a 360-degree swivel also for a more comfortable movement option.
The chair does come disassembled. It means that you’d have to assemble it by yourself when it arrives. The instructions are provided inside the package, and the process is pretty simple and takes a little time.
AmazonBasics Executive Computer Desk Chair is Suitable for:
In case you have a very low budget that you don’t want to meddle around with, this is your safest bet. The brown leather has an aesthetic appeal, and the overall design of the chair is pretty enticing too.
- Your purchase includes One Amazon Basics Big & Tall Executive Computer Desk Chair in Brown color with Pewter Finish
- High-back executive chair for big and tall users; commercial-grade components
- Upholstered in bonded brown leather; adjustable lumbar mechanism for lower-back support and curved arm rests
- It has an adjustable lumbar mechanism.
- It is extremely affordable.
- The seating is quite firm and can be uncomfortable for some.
Best Budget Runner-Up
Last but not the least on the list of the best office chairs for heavy people includes this one from Flash Furniture. Hercules is just how the character was. It is strong, durable, and high quality. It has a weight capacity of 400 lbs.
If you are particular about the comfort, this one has extra padding around the seat and the backrest for optimal comfort. It ensures that you can sit for long periods of time without straining your back muscles and spine.
It has a waterfall seat design that provides lumbar support and is wide enough to accommodate a heavy person with ease. The foam seat has 3” excess padding inside that offers better comfort while you are working.
You also get adjustable armrests with this chair, allowing you to have a comfortable seating experience. It lets you relax your arms and prevents the consistent tension from around the shoulders and the elbows.
This heavy-weight chair has a pneumatic adjustment lever that lets you adjust the height, depending on your needs. It also has the tilt tension adjustment knob that helps you recline your chair as per your needs.
The five-star base of the chair is pretty amazing at holding more weight. It distributes the weight evenly, ensuring better durability unlike anything else around. The chrome base is also rust-proof and allows easier movement around the office.
Flash Furniture HERCULES Ergonomic Task Office Chair is Suitable for:
It is specifically amazing for individuals looking for office chairs with a durable frame. It can hold up to 400lbs, which again is why it accommodates heavy people with ease.
- If standard office chairs don’t meet your specific needs, this Big & Tall adjustable office chair will save the day. Generous padding,...
- [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] Mid back office chair with LeatherSoft upholstered back and seat with CAL 117 fire...
- Pneumatic adjustable height swivel seat and adjustable height padded arms for comfort
- It has a weight capacity of 400 lbs.
- It has a 3” excess padding on the seat.
- It has adjustable armrests and height.
- The warranty terms aren’t favorable.
How Does a Heavy Person Determine the Best Chair Seat Size for Them?
When buying an ergonomic chair for a heavy person, the chair seat size is a significant factor to look into.
It decides the comfort and durability of the chair. If the chair seat size is small, a heavy person would have difficulty accommodating themselves on it. So, the best way to decide the optimal chair seat size is with the following steps.
- Start by sitting on a normal chair in your home, ensuring to keep your back straight and your tailbone pressed against the chair’s back. Keep your thighs opened in a V position.
- Using a measuring tape, measure the chair seat depth and the chair seat width based on your body shape and comfort.
- For the seat depth, take the tape and measure the distance from the end of the tailbone where it touches the back of your chair to the end of your inner thighs.
- For the seat width, take the tape and measure the lateral distance between your open thighs.
- To both, add around two inches to get the ideal chair seat size for your body shape and size.
Best Office Chair for Heavy Person – Buying Guide
The last topic of discussion is the buying guide of the office chairs for heavy people. There are several factors that you do need to look out for. Some of them include:
The first and the essential factor to look out for is the adjustable height and armrests. It is necessary for maximum comfort that the chair comes with one-touch pneumatic height adjustment along with the adjustable armrests.
It enables maximum comfort for every person based on their body shape and size. You want a chair that supports every part of your body throughout the day.
I can’t stress this enough, but one of the most common issues that heavy and tall people face is the constant back pain. It is why you need to buy an ergonomic office chair that supports your back and the lumbar region throughout the day. It reduces the risks of pain and stiffness of the back muscles.
Desk jobs are hectic as it is. The last thing you want is the lack of comfort in the seat of the chair. Try and look for the heavy-duty chair that has extra padding for comfortable sitting throughout the day.
Try and look for the ones with firm yet comfortable padding. If the padding squishes down too much, the same can affect the blood circulation, so you need to keep that in mind.
What are the Best Chairs That Can Hold 400 lbs?
If you have gone through the list of the office chairs mentioned above, you’d see the best picks that come with 400 lbs weight capacity.
The SPACE Seating Ergonomic Managers Chair and Flash Furniture HERCULES Ergonomic Task Office Chair can hold up to 400 lbs with ease.
Now that I have come down to the end of the article, I hope that you find the best heavy duty office chair for yourself. All the six products that I have mentioned come with their own set of pros and cons. Every single one of them is comfortable, durable, and high-quality. In case you are particular about the budget, I have some cost-effective ones too. Look through every single one of them to find the one that suits your requirements the best.
If you ask which one I prefer the best in the list, it has to be the Comfort Products Commodore II Leather Chair. It has a contemporary design and is quite accessible as well.