In a recent study, it was found by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons that Scoliosis is one such issue that is increasing day by day in the US and other parts of such places. Moreover, by getting a bit deeper, we figured out that this issue is mostly coming out from the office workers sitting on their office chairs from the morning to evening. Hence the problem is arising because of not selecting the best office chairs for scoliosis.
Here in this post, we will look at the six best office chairs for scoliosis, know more, and figure out the most appropriate option for yourself; make sure to follow this post till the end.
- Our Pick
- How to choose one of the best office chairs for scoliosis?
- Do you think more padding enhances the comfort of an office chair?
- Which one to choose, adjustable or fixed headrest?
6 Best Office Chairs for Scoliosis
We have developed various sections for letting you know about this list; with these sections’ help, you will figure out the right chair option for yourself more easily.
We have figured out the two best overall options within which you would get the best cushioning, easy to use armrests, and many more such factors that help you create a better spinal cord posture and reduce scoliosis risk.
Here we have the first option from the best one, the Sihoo ergonomics chair. As it says, it is the ergonomics of the chair. It is a specially designed office chair for maintaining a good posture without any additional efforts; along with that, you can have a netted design that enhances this chair’s breathability.
While if you notice in ordinary leather designed chairs, you would not be able to sit comfortably. The company has also added a lumbar pillow, which is placed in between the chairs for spinal support, and this small integration helps a lot in providing exceptional comfort to our spinal cord.
It also comes with a backrest that can move up to 120 degrees quickly. You would be able to place your head over there comfortably. This ergonomics of office chair keeps your spine in place tightly and releases the pressure on it.
With this office chair, you would be able to get comfortable side rests, and the cushioning over the side sleeps works exceptionally well. You can even feel the software whenever you will rest your hands over it.
When we look at the button part of this chair, we can notice it is made up of rigid material that will offer you long-term support. The wheels are made up of high-quality material, too, and will not break in rough conditions again.
If you want to sit on the chair for longer times, for a 9 to 5 job, this is the best chair for office. It is a kind of adjustable chair option; you can personalize it based on your requirements. Hence you will get the best possible results with this chair for an ergonomic office.
- ★【HIGH QUALITY & EASY TO ASSEMBLE】SIHOO office chairs have been certified by BIFMA and SGS, passed 2000lbs static pressure test. It...
- ★【FOR LONG TIME SITTING】The mesh back and mesh seat keep air circulation for extra comfy. High quality mesh resists abrasion and...
- ★【Adjustable 3D Armrest】 This office chair from SIHOO features 3D adjustable armrests - go forwards and back, up and down, and rotate...
- Adjustable ergonomic chair
- Stiffer support to the spinal cord
- Not enough padding
- Net design can be destroyed.
Best Overall Runner-up
The next option from the list is the Steelcase Gesture Chair for Scoliosis. It is a highly advanced office chair option within which you would be able to get proper cushioning along with a fantastic headrest integration.
With the help of side cushioning, you will get fantastic support for your spinal cord. Although it is not an ergonomic office chair, you would still be able to take advantage of a similar kind of help.
This chair is called advanced because you would be able to get all sorts of handles and management features. It stays in one place. Along with that, this chair’s turn-around movement is fluent, too; no matter how much weight the chair is handling, you would be able to get eloquent support always.
At the button, you would be able to get a robust structure with which this chair can easily handle heavyweight. It comes with a natural flow design, which means whenever you start sitting on this chair, this chair’s design and formality changes as per the requirements and provides the best possible support and comfort to the person.
If you find one of these that can be used explicitly for people with scoliosis, this option is perfect for you. This chair can handle weight up to 400 pounds and help you solve your back pain problems efficiently. It is also brilliant in taking long hours.
- New Gesture Chair with Headrest Plus Lumbar Support - A new sitting experience designed with a back and seat that move as a synchronized...
- Arms move like a human arm which allows users to be supported in any position
- Seat has comfort all the way to the edge with a flexible perimeter to allow users to sit in a range of positions
- Easy to control features on the right side
- Adjustable options such as lumbar support and more
- Top-notch material used
- Offers higher compatibility
- Helps to relieve pressure from legs
- Higher price
- Huge size
The next chair selected in the list is Modway articulated mesh office for scoliosis. With this ergonomic office chair, you would be able to get several adjustment options such as height management, back support, and adjustable armrests. All the levers for adjustments are on the below-left side, so you would be able to handle them easily from one end only.
We would love to appreciate this chair because the company hasn’t forgotten to add a lot of padding in the chair, with the help of which you can sit for long hours comfortably. Some chairs are unable to lock themselves in a particular condition, but this chair has got everything on point; you can close the changes made at one point easily.
It also comes with a netted design, which directly enhances the breathability of this chair. That means you can sit on the chair for a longer time and not face any higher heat issues.
The overall design looks fantastic, and the netted design adds more breathability to the chair itself. Hence, this is a specially designed chair for office use and can easily handle a higher weight of up to 331 pounds. Moreover, it comes with adjustable armrests to be considered a chair that fulfills all the business requirements.
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR - Featuring reliable ergonomic support, Articulate comes with a breathable mesh back, passive lumbar support, and...
- RELIABLE COMFORT - Designed with productivity in mind, Articulate is perfect for everyday use. Sturdy and supportive, this executive office...
- ADJUSTABLE SEATING - Articulate is a computer chair that easily adjusts to your needs with height adjustable armrests, one-touch chair...
- Affordable office chair option
- Impressive design
- Weight capacity is higher
- Padding all-over
- Not good enough lumbar support
- Not the best headrest
Best Value Runner-up
It is noticed that whenever one tends to invest in one of a kind, they would have to make a bit of compromise for comfort. But if you are someone who wants the best possible comfort facility, then Serta Style Hannah Office Chair for Scoliosis is the most appropriate option for you.
All over the chair, you would be able to notice ample padding, even on the armrests. Although it does not come with an adjustable headrest, you would be able to get a padded pillow shaped headrest that is completely attached to the chair itself.
If you face lower back issues, then this Serta Style Hannah office chair for scoliosis is the best option for you. You would be able to relieve pressure from your back and legs and enhance your body’s overall blood circulation.
This fantastic office chair for people with scoliosis is suitable for those who are facing lower back issues. If you are one of them, you should go with this chair, as it comes with fantastic padding support.
- MICROFIBER UPHOLSTERY: Add a comfortable and homey touch to any home office
- SIGNATURE SERTA COMFORT: Swivel chair designed with a pillowed headrest and plush layered body pillows
- CREATE AN INVITING SPACE: Velvet soft fabric and neutral colors create a welcoming feel
- More cushioning is added to the chair.
- Affordable option
- Advanced lumbar support for lower back
- Cascading seat edge
- Relieves pressure
- Hard seat material
- Nonadjustable armrests
If you find the best office chairs for Scoliosis patients specially designed for big and tall people, then this La-Z-Boy Trafford Big and Tall Chair for Scoliosis is the most appropriate option for you.
This product is a complete value for money product in which you get the highest possible cushioning quality when it comes to an ergonomic office chair. Along with that, you will also notice the great work done on the armrests. Hence the overall body comes in a wooden design.
In this single chair, you would be able to get up to 4 layers of cushions, which will offer you the best possible comfort. Moreover, whenever you sit on this chair, the cushioning will make the space for your body on its own, and you would be able to get a perfect fit feel throughout.
Although it does not come with a netted design, you would still be able to get fantastic breathability. It is because the company has used excellent quality material.
If you are trying to find an office chair for scoliosis and have a fantastic comfort factor, this La-Z-Boy Trafford Big and Tall Chair for Scoliosis is the best option. It is specially designed for tall people and comes with the support of four different cushioning layers that will provide you right enough comfort.
- PREMIUM CUSHIONING: Ergonomic office chair with memory foam ComfortCore cushions that contour to your body
- FLEXIBLE AIR TECHNOLOGY: Lumbar cushions pivot when you move to support your back at every angle
- BIG AND TALL DESIGN: 44-1/2- to 47-1/2-inch height range and 21-3/4-inch seat width. Sturdy components surpass rigorous BIFMA testing...
- Four-layer cushion support
- The lumbar support of the lower back
- Breathable option
- Double caster wheels for easy usage
- In-depth comfort feels while sitting.
- No tilting technology was used.
- Not for smaller people
- Not the best lumbar support
Best Budget Runner-up
Here we have our final option from the list, and that is Alera ALEED42ME10B Elusion Chair for Scoliosis. Although this is a mesh chair, you would still feel like it is an office ergonomic chair.
This chair comes with several adjustable facilities, which means you can change the backrests’ angle, tilt it, and make any such changes. All along with that, you would be able to get adjustable armrests, which means you are getting a complete personalization to feel with this chair.
The company also offers outstanding support for the lumbar support, which means you will not face any back issues with it. Hence the lumbar support even helps a lot in the breathability of this chair.
If you find a budget-friendly option under the best office chairs for Scoliosis patients, this Alera Elusion Chair is a fantastic product for you. Although it is not restricted to being used in the office only, you can use it for multiple purposes and can even play the role of regular and more comfortable chairs in our houses.
No products found.
- Completely coof and breathable option
- Flexible armrests height
- Memory foam cushioning
- Lumbar support is adjustable.
- Amazing portability
- Netted design
- Does not incline much
- No vertical adjustments
There are several things that people look at while buying an office chair for scoliosis for themselves. In this section, we will answer some of the most asked questions by the users while making such purchases.
How to choose one of the best office chairs for scoliosis?
Although there are plenty of factors based on which you can select the most appropriate office chair for scoliosis, here we have figured out some of the most important ones. Let us have a look at them:
- The first and significant factor to look at before making the purchase is for what purpose you are getting an office chair for scoliosis. That means if you face any back pain issues or don’t want lousy posture.
If you are facing back pain issues, you would have to invest in an office chair with lubricant to help get rid of the back pain issues.
- You should also have a look at the padding offered to you in the chair. Make sure you are getting an office chair with good enough padding all over. So whenever you sit on the chair, it makes space for you automatically.
- These office chairs come in different sizes, so you should always look at size support. Because if you opt for a taller chair, then that would not help a smaller person.
Do you think more padding enhances the comfort of an office chair?
It entirely depends upon the way padding is placed on the chair. Few chairs have got very minimal padding but can offer fantastic comfort because of their design.
While on the other hand, if the padding is placed appropriately in the right manner, you surely would be able to take advantage of fantastic comfortability.
Which one to choose, adjustable or fixed headrest?
Whenever you pick up from the patient’s best one, you get both adjustable and fixed headrests. If you are trying to find a lightweight chair, then you should go with an adjustable headrest, as they come in a handy size.
If you are looking for a bulky looking chair with more padding, then a fixed headrest or a padded headrest would be the most appropriate option.
Selecting from some of the best office chairs for scoliosis is challenging, but here we will make the overall procedure simple for you by picking up the best option from the six mentioned chairs.
By looking at all the available options, we suggest the Sihoo Ergonomic Office chair is the best option to buy because you would be able to get lubrax support, good enough padding, modern design, higher durability, and headrest too.
Along with that, the chair is an easy to use option, so you would not have to worry about its usage at all.